We should stop fires!
Actualizado a fecha: 2 December, 2018
Winter is the time of year when more fires happen. Victims: old people, time: dawn, space: living room and kitchens, causes: plugs in poor condition, candles, cigars, stoves too close … These are some of the variables of a drama that repeats every year.
In 2015 there were 164 fire deaths in homes, according to data from firefighters and insurers.
Putting a brake on this fatal statistic is one of the priority objectives of TECNIFUEGO-AESPI for this new year.
WHAT TO DO IF A FIRE IS PRODUCED
• Call 112.
• Cut the electric current and the gas inlet.
• Know the location of home extinguishers and their handling.
• Try to put out the fire only if it is small and it can be controlled.
• If you attempt to turn it off, it must be located between the fire and the escaping route.
• Do not use water:
– When you can reach electrical installations.
– When the fire has started because of inflammable liquids (oil, gasoline, etc.).
• If you can not turn it off, do not take unnecessary risks, find a safe place and leave the area.
• When leaving the burning place:
– Close the doors on exit, and crawl if there is smoke.
• Do not use elevators as an escape route.
• If the ladder is full of smoke stay in your home.
• In case you can not leave the house by fire:
– Lock yourself in a room, cover the slots in the door, with wet rags to avoid smoke, and see yourself through the window.