EI-240 partition wall and EI-120 reversible firewall with Tecbor® panels
Fire-resistant partition walls are of vital importance in the event of a fire. They prevent the fire from spreading to other areas or fire sectors, allowing the evacuation of people while significantly limiting material damage.
We recently conducted two new tests to provide simple, lightweight, and competitive construction partitions:
- New Tecbor® partition wall EI-240.– Four hours of insulation and integrity which makes it one of the most effective solutions on the market. Here is its composition:
|1.- Double 15 mm Tecbor® panel.||5.- 48 mm metal runner.|
|2.- 12,5 mm laminated plasterboard.||6.- 35, 45 and 55 mm self-tapping screws.|
|3.- Double 46 mm H shaped stud.||7.- M-6 anchor.|
|4.- Double 40 mm and 40 Kg/m3 rockwool.||8.- Tecbor® joint paste.|
Having a plasterboard on the outer part allows us to obtain a perfect finish and a partition ready to be painted, without having to carry out any additional treatment on its surface.
- New Tecbor® “reversible” EI-120.- This solution is ideal when it is only possible to work on one side, for example when there is already an existing partition, or when there is little space to work, as is the case with technical ducts. This solution meets the requirements of insulation and integrity, regardless of whether the fire breaks out on the side of the panel or on the side of the profile frame. Here is its composition:
|1.- Double 15 mm Tecbor® panel.||5.- 35, 45 and 55 mm self-taping screws.|
|2.- 12,5 mm laminated plasterboard.||6.- M-6 anchor.|
|3.- Double 46 mm H shaped stud.||7.- Tecbor® joint paste.|
|4.- 48 mm metal runner.|
As for the previous partition walls, having a plasterboard on the outer part allows us to obtain a perfect finish and a partition ready to be painted, without having to carry out any additional treatment on its surface.
Both solutions have been tested according to the current European regulation UNE EN 1364-1: Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements. Part 1: Walls. And they were carried out in a laboratory accredited by ENAC for fire resistance tests.
The advantages of these two solutions over other similar ones are:
- Their high fire resistance (few partitions walls resists up to 4 hours of fire exposure)
- They are fire resistant in both directions.
- Simple and clean installation (drywall)
- Lightness and speed of installation. These are the lightest systems on the market and with the fewest boards to assemble.